Table of Contents
In case you are still looking for employment, we have some news that you might like. Numerous hotels offer you a chance to work in hotel and have many open positions you can apply to.
A career in hotels gives you a great chance to visit all parts of the world and a great chance to ‘climb up the ladder’. You’ll be working with friendly and motivated people who have that same chance as you. Hotel industry allows you to develop yourself – professionally and as a person.
There are many positions within the hotel industry, and these are some of the most popular ones:
• Hotel manager – recruiting, training and supervising staff, promoting and marketing the business, ensuring security is efficient, meeting and greeting customers etc.
• Cook – creating menu cards, preparing dishes, manage the food
• Hotel management trainee – multifunctional, involved in all departments
• Sous Chef – planning and directing food preparation, supervising kitchen staff, discipline underperforming staff crew
• Executive Chef – navigates kitchen staff, picking and developing recipes, designing and estimating menus
Other available positions for employment include:
- Executive Housekeeper
- Assistant Housekeeper
- Rooms Division Manager
- Receptionist, F&B Manager
- F&B (Cost) Controller
- Director of Sales and Marketing and many more
Salaries in this field depend greatly on which position you pursue. General Managers will average $50,586 while Assistant General Managers $36,865 median pay. Executive Housekeepers and Front Office Managers make around $39,700 median pay. Directors of Sales and Marketing have the highest median pay at $67,597.
TOP 5 HOTELS IN USA
According to U.S. News, these are the best 5 hotels in the USA for 2016:
- The Lodge at Sea Island
- The Jefferson, Washington DC
- ARIA Sky Suites
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills