In case you are still looking for employment, we have some news that you might like. Numerous hotels offer you a chance to work in hotel and have many open positions you can apply to.
A career in hotels gives you a great chance to visit all parts of the world and a great chance to ‘climb up the ladder’. You’ll be working with friendly and motivated people who have that same chance as you. Hotel industry allows you to develop yourself – professionally and as a person.
There are many positions within the hotel industry, and these are some of the most popular ones:
• Hotel manager – recruiting, training and supervising staff, promoting and marketing the business, ensuring security is efficient, meeting and greeting customers etc.
• Cook – creating menu cards, preparing dishes, manage the food
• Hotel management trainee – multifunctional, involved in all departments
• Sous Chef – planning and directing food preparation, supervising kitchen staff, discipline underperforming staff crew
• Executive Chef – navigates kitchen staff, picking and developing recipes, designing and estimating menus
Other available positions for employment include:
- Executive Housekeeper
- Assistant Housekeeper
- Rooms Division Manager
- Receptionist, F&B Manager
- F&B (Cost) Controller
- Director of Sales and Marketing and many more
Salaries in this field depend greatly on which position you pursue. General Managers will average $50,586 while Assistant General Managers $36,865 median pay. Executive Housekeepers and Front Office Managers make around $39,700 median pay. Directors of Sales and Marketing have the highest median pay at $67,597.
TOP 5 HOTELS IN USA
According to U.S. News, these are the best 5 hotels in the USA for 2016:
- The Lodge at Sea Island
- The Jefferson, Washington DC
- ARIA Sky Suites
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills
If you don’t want to work in hotel and this isn’t something right up your alley, do not worry. Visit our website and Facebook page for more job opportunities. You can also check out our blog to read more articles on topics related to jobs and job offers.